Ahoy! I’m the Filipino American author of the contemporary YA novels AFTER THE SHOT DROPS (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2018) and AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PARALLEL UNIVERSES (Merit Press/F+W Media, 2015). I was born in the Philippines, grew up in Michigan and Colorado, lived for a decade on the east coast, and recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to writing, I’m also a high school English teacher. In my all-too-sparse free time I read, look for the next great TV series, hike, cuddle with my wife & two dogs, play video games and tabletop games, and spend an ungodly amount of time on the Internet.
FIVE RANDOM THINGS
1. I hate the feeling of putting on socks at any point in the day that is not directly following a shower. It’s just so horrible.
2. My top three televisions shows of all time are 1) The Wire, 2) Battlestar Galactica, and 3) Friday Night Lights. Like these, and we will get along swimmingly.
3. In high school my friend and I formed a band called “Dulcinea’s 100th Monkey.” We played one show. Sold over a million records.*
4. I have a giant panda stuffed animal named Pandor. He sleeps in the guest room and usually looks sad. I try to cheer him up, but he has an overactive mind.
5. I live-tweet Bachelor in Paradise in such an ironic way that it transcends irony and becomes frighteningly seriousness.