Here’s what I’ve been up to:
What I’ve been writing…
I finished a round of revisions on my WIP. Hoping to send it out on submission soon. As of now, it’s titled WHEN SOMETHING DISAPPEARS LIKE IT NEVER EXISTED. Elevator pitch: It’s a contemporary/urban YA about two former best friends named Nasir and Bunny. Bitter about Bunny’s transfer to a fancy private school for basketball, Nasir tries to expose evidence of recruiting violations. His actions have consequences that alter both their lives.
What I’ve been reading…
- Ms. Marvel, volumes 1 & 2
- Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
- Killing Time in Crystal City by Chris Lynch
- The Ire of Iron Claw by Kersten Hamilton
- Becoming Maria by Sonia Manzano
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Tagged by Diane C. Mullen
- Don’t Stay Up Late by R.L. Stine
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saed
What I’ve been watching/listening to/playing…
- Watching: Orange is the New Black season 3, The Big Bang Theory reruns, Jurassic World
- Listening to: Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens, Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara, Kindred by Passion Pit, The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place by Explosions in the Sky, Writing Excuses podcast season 4
- Playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Brothers, Life is Strange
- School let out for the summer, so life has been relaxing
- I’ve been swimming 3 times a week.
- My wife and I have been taking my dog-children to the dog-children park with some regularity.
- I hiked the Delaware River Water Gap with a friend.
- I painted a red room an off-white color called Hazelnut Cream. Never paint a room red. Never.
- I’ve grilled in the middle of a thunderstorm on more than one occasion.